Monday, March 06, 2006

Oh no i am getting stressed i have a million and one things to do before friday! *siGhs* i really hope i don't screw up. I need this although i don't think it's part of the plan that has been slowly been revealed to me, I need options.
1) Medicine *Praying really hard about this*
2) Vet Science - Melbourne/Sydney. Something i am less keen on
3) Physiotherapy - Melbourne/Sydney
I am sure half the world is going to be shocked at my second choice but it was after a long discussion how marketable/respectable blah that job is and i like animals (to a certain extent) I tend not to like cats/reptiles but that's smtg i can deal with i guess. It's like when you treat people too right? You don't like all your patients but in the end you smile and treat all of them? haha same logic :p
Well and if i don't get into medicine here i'll do life sciences/Pharmacy for a few months to keep my brain working haha I'm inclined to the life sciences cause i think that makes more sense and it'd be helpful but my mum wants me to do pharmacy for a few months but hmm what difference will a few months make? haha
Of late, i have been feeling rather trapped. Everyone seems to be wanting to make decisions about my life and what direction i should go in when isn't it my life? Yes, they may have the experience i don't but asking me to do dentistry as a second choice is not something i want. I just have no interest period. I keep hearing lectures from my mum about how its a good profession, can juggle family and working life, clean BLAH but so what? I don't wanna do something i do not like. I'll be stuck with it for the rest of my life. You're supposed to do something you like so work wouldn't be like work and you'll look forward to going to work everyday. And i know i'll never be happy doing that, and i don't want to ever have to blame my parents for making me make a wrong decision. So far they have kinda decided abt the schools i go to and stuff and so far everything has worked out fine but now, we're talking about a decision where there will be no turning back, for the rest of my life.
I love Miss Ng! :) In the beginning of j2 things were so different but now i must say and when she opens up she really wasn't the teacher that was always out to tell me to tuck in my blouse/ to stop talking during assembly haha She's really caring and sweet in her own way and definitely understanding haha a teacher who is not only concerned about grades but about your life as well. She emailed me to say she's happy for me and even offered to write any references that i may need to get into medicine when i haven't even asked her for anything yet since i don't even know if i will get shortlisted. After teaching i know that teaching really isn't the job for me. Miss Ng ever said that teaching wasn't her line but i think that she's done a good job. I may have never listened during math lessons but she has touched my life in many ways especially towards the end when everyone was at wit's end she was super encouraging to weili and i :) and all the well done's after returning us our scripts went a long way :)
Ok i better go and do what i need to do now it's getting late! nitez

No comments: